Work-life balance? What is this? What has it got to do with relationships?
The image above may seem irrelevant to the topic but wait let me break it down how analogies work! The bike is full of load yet it’s balanced! It’s fitted with a carrier also famously known as the Ladakh carrier because they’re specifically designed for this particular bike and region!
The balance of the carrier with all the weight allowed me to pull this over 2000 KM’s journey which has been by far the most adventurous thing I’ve done at the age of 21!
The point is, If you’ve got it all balanced and each part is in sync, you can go as long as the road takes you! There is virtually no end to a journey. It is that simple!
With people, things are a little complex when it comes to balancing their professional and home life which inevitably makes or breaks their relationships with the people they constantly interact on a daily! But it’s not as complex as it seems. It’s all about perception! Let me tell you how!
Not 2 people living in the same apartment building lead the same life! If you gain an insight, everyone’s realities are different! The commonality for each individual whether they lead very busy life or one with full of struggles is the need for realisation that balance is not through all the external influences but the very nature a human has within himself/herself dictates the perception of any given situation. But the question arises…
How and what to do, one needs methods not philosophies!
What most people lack is awareness, awareness of the self.
Before anything there are a few things one needs to be aware of or do right away!
- Acceptance – realising a change is needed!
- Be empathetic – to strike a balance, it’s important people are empathetic enough to know the other person’s’ struggles.
- Be realistic – is work all that important to ignore your loved ones? It’s time to ask that question! The reverse could be a possibility too! (here comes the awareness for balance)
- Take a breather – Work is a part of your life, not life alone. Don’t view life with such a narrow lense.
- Reconnect – You’re aware, you’re being realistic, tried being in the other person’s’ shoes and finally caught your breath, now comes the time to reconnect!
Reconnecting with the people you love, brings joy to your inner being. It reminds that these people serve a purpose in your life and their presence, warmth and affection is what really matters!